Petroleum poisoning includes motor oil, turpentine, gas, lighter fluid, paint thinner, and kerosene. Because pets are curious creatures they will tend to get into everything and then proceed to put it in their mouths. If they smell a sweet scent or distinct taste they may ingest it and it could become fatal. It is important to identify the ingested or contacted item and get emergency help immediately. The ASPCA animal poison control will give you more specific information than your local poison control as they specialize with animal poisons however they do have a minimal charge.