Antifreeze poisoning is due to the fact that antifreeze has a sweet smell and taste for your pet. Because pets are curious creatures they will tend to get into everything. If they smell a sweet scent or distinct taste they may ingest it and it could become fatal. They can also walk through it or have the poison rub on their fur. It is important to identify the ingested or contacted item and get emergency help immediately. The ASPCA animal poison control will give you more specific information than your local poison control as they specialize with animal poisons however they do have a minimal charge.