Heavy metal poisons include ceramics, linoleum, golf balls, and lead. Because pets are curious creatures they will tend to get into everything and then proceed to put it in their mouths. If they smell a sweet scent or distinct taste they may ingest it and it could become fatal. Things that are poisonous to humans and many things that are fine for humans can be dangerous for our pets. It is important to identify the ingested or contacted item and get emergency help immediately. For heavy metal poisoning it is crucial to get to a vet as they usually carry an antidote for the poisoning. The ASPCA animal poison control will give you more specific information than your local poison control as they specialize with animal poisons however they do have a minimal charge.